The department of Computer Studies and Mathematics has been mandated to effectively conceive, develop, implement, utilize and manage appropriate information communication technology solution systems in order to provide integrated quality services to Kisumu Polytechnic in line with vision, mission, core values and objectives besides offering teaching and learning services.
- To offer suitable approved and diversified curriculum in accordance to guidelines issued from the Polytechnic Academic Board.
- Â Train end-user on computer literacy and offer end-user computing support.
- To offer technical advice and consultancy on acquisition of ICT resources.
- Planning, implementation and development of ICT infrastructure.
Â Currently the department offers the following teaching programs to the trainees.
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Computer Studies
- Diploma Information Communication Technology
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Computer Applications to Engineering Diploma Students
- Mathematics to other Departments
- Management Information Systems to Business Diploma Students
- IVQ CITY & GUILDS Diploma in Information Technology
- Computer Application Packages.
Â Every year graduates of our diploma and certificate programmes find employment in various government departments, parastatals, disciplines forces like the armed forces and police, NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, private sector. Many others opt for self employment in most parts of the country as
- System Analysts
- System Administrators
- Computer Technicians
- Tutors and Teachers
- Network Administrators
- Web Designers etc